The fast metabolism diet program for weight reduction was designed by food trainer Hailey Pomroy, the writer the New York Times Bestseller The Fast Metabolism Diet. Pomroy firmly supports the concept that individuals can drop weight by consuming more meals by eating at an interval of 1-2 hours between meals. But how can you make delicious meals to follow this diet? We have some ideas here to help you get started!
But first, we’ll discuss meals and the stages to consume in detail to offer you an obvious idea why the speedy Metabolism Diet is the ideal weight loss program.
Speedy Metabolism Diet Plan
The Speedy Metabolism Diet Plan contains three stages:
1. Phase 1: Fruits and Carbs (Mon & Tues)
2. Phase 2: Vegetables and Proteins (Wed & Thurs)
3. Phase 3: Oils, healthy fats, and all the aforementioned (Fri to Sun)
Begin with Stage 1 on Monday and conclude with the 3rd stage on the weekend. Repeat the diet program for three successive weeks.
Speedy Metabolism Diet Stage 1: Fruits and Carbs (Mon & Tues)
Stage 1 helps your system to unwind by letting you consume foods which are high in carbohydrates, moderate in carbohydrates, and low in carbs. Yes, sugars aren’t your enemy, but in actuality, carbohydrates are needed in certian quantities for the human body to operate correctly. The foods which you will eat in this period will assist your body from the the “famine alert” condition, the very first step towards boosting the body’s metabolism.
Foods To Eat (Stage 1)
- Vegetables – Carrots, broccoli, zucchini, beets, butternut squash, parsnips, radish, bean sprouts, green leaf lettuce, tomatoes, pumpkin, peppers, winter squash, celery, onions, cucumber, and all kinds of beans
- Starch & Grains – Brown rice, sprouted grain, black barley, rice flour, oats, tapioca flour, nut flours, rice milk, brown rice crackers, bagels and bread, brown rice pasta, triticale, brown rice cereal, quinoa, fusilli, tapioca, etc.
- Fruits- Tangerine, berries, pomegranate, apple, cantaloupe, guava, papaya, watermelon, pineapple, kiwi, mango, cherry, fig, lemon, orange, lime, apricot, etc.
- Beverages- Non-caffeinated herbal tea and water
Recipes for Phase 1 Diet
- 1/4 cucumber
- Five broccoli florets
- One lettuce leaf
- One tortilla bread
- 1/2 carrot
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon juice
How to Cook:
- Cut the carrot and cucumber into julienne strips.
- Chop the carrot foliage and finely slice the broccoli florets.
- Throw all of the vegetables into a bowl.
- Add salt and pepper, then the lime juice.
- Blend the veggies well by tossing and turning continually.
- Gently grill the tortilla bread.
- Put the veggie mixture on the side, add Dijon mustard on top and then wrap it.
Sweet Potato Fries (Oil-Free)
This healthy sweet potato recipe is ideal for those who rarely have enough opportunity to cook and are always on the go. This Stage 1 recipe can also be a fantastic side dish and possibly one of your children’s new favorite.
- 3 Sweet Potatoes
- 1/2 — 1 teaspoon onion salt
- One teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning (organic only)
How to Cook:
- Set oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit for pre-heating.
- Peel sweet potatoes, wash and slice potatoes into roughly same sizes.
- Sprinkle all the seasonings on the potato pieces.
- Put them in the oven for cooking for about 30-40 mins.
Fast Metabolism Diet (Stage 2): Vegetables and Proteins (Wed & Thurs)
Now that your body is stress-free after following stage 1, it’s time to prep your body to burn off fat. Within this stage, your body will be primed to quicken its metabolic rate to burn anything you consume and begin using the stored fat as energy. You’ll be looking for a high protein, higher vegetable, and low-carb foods. Plants which are low-glycemic, packed with lean protein and meals which support liver functioning ought to be consumed.
Foods To Eat (Stage 2)
- Fruits – Citrus fruits
- Protein- Lean turkey (ground), turkey bacon, tuna, lean beef, egg whites, turkey jerky, oysters, smoked salmon, chicken breast, cod, etc.
- Vegetables- Asparagus, kale, broccoli, onions, white beans, bib lettuce, all types of mushrooms, spirulina, cabbage, pepper, onion, collard greens, swiss chard, rhubarb, cucumber, watercress, leek, spinach, garlic, etc.
- Beverages- Fresh veggie smoothie, buttermilk, herbal tea, and coconut water.
- Others – Baking powder, red wine vinegar, chicken broth, ginger powder, vanilla extract, cumin, basil, black pepper, and tomato sauce. White pepper, nutmeg, cream of tartar, rosemary, sage, cilantro, thyme, oregano, apple cider vinegar, mustard, cinnamon, chili powder, coconut vinegar, vegetable broth, mint, chives, fennel, cumin, white vinegar, curry powder, etc.
Recipes for Phase 2 Diet
Grilled Lean Cut Lamb Satay
- Lean-cut lamb (Moderate size)
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- Two cloves garlic
- Lemon juice
- Coriander leaves
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- One tsp sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Chop garlic cloves finely and put them into a medium-size bowl
- Mix all of the other ingredients in the bowl (except coriander leaves and lamb)
- Coat the lamb with the marinade in the bowl. Make sure to cover all surface.
- Grill the lamb perfectly on either side.
- Put coriander leaves as garnish, plus a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Grilled Salmon with Dill and Lemon
Salmon is a tasty and wholesome fish. Cooking it on the grill helps the fish reach its maximum flavor potential. Adorned with dill, lemon juice, and garlic, this particular stage two recipe is a superb addition to your meals throughout summer time as it is quick and simple enough for weeknight dinners.
- Two big fillets of salmon, with skin (1 1/2 inches thick)
- Chopped dill (fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon of coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
How to cook:
- Set grill to medium for pre-heating.
- Brush lemon juice onto the flesh and skin of the salmon.
- Mix garlic powder, black pepper, and salt. Add the dill that was chopped on top.
- Grill the salmon with the skin facing downwards. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Afterward, gently flip the salmon, then cook for 8-10 minutes. Set warmth of grill from 145 to 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After cooking set the salmon on a plate for garnishing. Top with chopped dill and lemon slices.
Fast Metabolism Diet (Phase 3): Oils, Healthy Fats and All Of The Above (Fri-Sun)
Here is the most ambitious stage of the diet, which suggests your metabolism is really on fire as you also begin to burn a whole lot of calories efficiently. In this period, you may eat a lot of healthy minerals and fats together with a moderate number of carbohydrates, proteins, and fruits, and vegetables with a low glycemic index. Eating lots of foods which will trigger your thyroid may even assist you to manage your weight reduction.
Foods To Eat (Stage 3)
All of the foods mentioned about plus the following:
- Oil and Fats – Hazelnuts, peanut butter, coconut oil, almonds, rice bran oil, coconut milk, almond butter, avocados, olive oil, sesame seeds, almond milk, chia seeds. Hemp seeds, walnut butter, coconut butter, sesame oil, walnuts, pine nuts, hummus, flax seeds, pecan nuts, sunflower seed butter, grapeseed oil, tahini, pistachios, and sunflower seeds.
Recipes for Phase 3 Diet
Tomato, Spinach and Feta Salad
- 1/2 cup approximately crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 red onion
- Five cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Handful of parsley
- Salt and pepper
How to Cook
- Blanch the spinach leaves. Use a boiling pot of water with a sprinkle of salt. Leave it there for 2 minutes.
- Chop the parsley and red onion finely then put them in a salad bowl.
- Add cherry tomatoes that were cut in half into the bowl, too.
- Pour the feta cheese and then apple cider vinegar, olive oil, pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Toss and serve.
Turkey Meat with Kale and Collard Greens
Collard Green is among the most economical of the healthiest leafy and green vegetables known for many. In addition to its great goodness, it has antioxidant properties great for discharging toxins from our bodies. Collard greens coupled with kale, yet another healthy and health-boosting vegetable, should definitely be consumed by people in Stage 3 of this speedy Metabolism Diet Program. It is an all green vegetable meal!
- One turkey wing (smoked or rinsed), or 1 turkey neck or drumstick (fresh)
- 1/4 xylitol
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- One tablespoon rock salt
- 2 1/2 pounds (or 3 bunches) collard greens; remove stalks discarded and cut leaves
How to Cook:
- In a large cooking pot, pour 3 cups of warm water along with red pepper flakes, salt, turkey wing, and xylitol. Heat with cover till it boils.
- Add the collards and kale by batch. Push down the leaves and allow them of the very first batch wilt before adding more.
- Reduce heat and simmer till turkey becomes more tender when pricked with a fork. Do this for approximately 40 minutes.
- Cover the pot. Continue to cook at low heat and stir occasionally. Do this for approximately 45 minutes till it gets very tender.
- Serve warm!
Advantages Of The Fast Metabolism Diet
The fast metabolism not only helps you eliminate weight but has other benefits as well. Here’s a list of advantages:
- Keeping you healthy while you shed weight
- Anybody can follow it
- You’re not required to starve.
- Foods advocated here are readily available on the market.
- Strengthens your bones and muscles
- It can be inexpensive
- Helps heal your own body
- This diet may also be accompanied by those who wish to gain weight.
Adverse Effects Of The Speedy Metabolism Diet
There are no reported adverse effects of the diet plan. But, you might feel weak or are worried about the rigorous food strategy you need to follow, you may want to rethink the duet. You can experience mood swings and you may crave carbs on a non carbohydrate day. If you’re used to eating a great deal of carb-rich snacks and you now bite into a carrot for meals, it’s entirely possible you will lose your cool or curiosity about adhering to the diet program.